Please review these FAQs for answers to the most commonly asked questions. Contact information for asking additional questions or to report technical problems is available on the bottom of this page.
Do I have to create a Monster profile?
Yes. By integrating with Monster.com, Chef's Blade will be able to provide you with personalized job search and career tools as well as a single location where you can edit your Monster and Chef's Blade career profiles. As part of this effort, you will have to create an account on Monster.
Do I have to integrate my Chef's Blade profile with my Monster profile?
Yes. By integrating with Monster.com Chef's Blade will be able to provide you with personalized job search and career tools as well as a single location where you can edit your Monster and Chef's Blade career profiles. As part of this effort, you will have to create an account on Monster.
How do I update my Chef's Blade profile? How do I update my Monster.com information?
To edit your Chef's Blade profile, click on the “My Profile” link in the upper right- hand corner of the page, and click on “edit” on any of the fields you wish to change.
To edit your Monster.com profile information, click the “edit” next to the “Monster Professional Information” section of your Chef's Blade page. This information is shared between the sites., and any edits made there will change the information in your Monster profile.
How do I change my Chef's Blade profile privacy settings?
- Click the My Account tab.
- Go to the Privacy & Content section.
- You'll find the options to make your first & last name, birthday, relationship status, work experience, education experience, personal information, tags and comment wall available to ‘me’ (private), ‘my friends’ or ‘everyone’ (public).
- Click Submit to save.
How do I add new friends? Or invite people to be a part of my network?
If you’ve already signed up, click on the ADD FRIEND button. Import from your Y! or AOL address book or invite friends one-by-one using their email addresses. You can also invite other members you find on Chef's Blade to be your friend and join your network.
How do I manage my e-mail subscriptions?
- Follow the instructions for making your profile private in Question 2.
- Check or uncheck the appropriate boxes in the under the subhead Subscriptions to subscribe or unsubscribe from the various Chef's Blade mailings.
How do I change my primary e-mail address?
My Account under ‘My Profile’ to change your email address. You will be redirected to Monster.com to change your email address.
How do I unsubscribe from the Newsletter?
Click “Here” then go through subsequent steps to unsubscribe.
How do I watch a video?
- You must have the latest version of Flash Player installed as a plugin in your web browser in order to watch videos on Chef's Blade.
- You can download the latest version of Flash Player from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
I forgot my password. How can I access my account?
- Follow the instructions for updating your profile in Question 2.
- You can have your forgotten password e-mailed to you at anytime by clicking on the "Forgot Password?" link in the login screen
- Alternatively, you can use this link to have your password e-mailed to you.
How do I cancel my membership in a community?A: Go to the community directly and cancel your account there. When you cancel your account with Chef's Blade, you will not cancel your account on Monster. To cancel your account with Chef's Blade:
- Click on the My Account tab.
- At the bottom of the My Account page there is a Cancel Account section. Click on Cancel Account to open up the section. Click on Cancel Membership.
- If you are positive you want to cancel your account, click OK on the message that asks: Are you sure you want to cancel your account? This is a permanent action and cannot be undone.
If I cancel my Monster account, what happens to my community accounts?
When you cancel your Monster account, your community accounts will also be canceled.
How do I get a culinary job?
Chef's Blade is an excellent resource for culinary career work. These resources will get you started: Read the Career Tips, search the Job Listings, and ask for advice from the industry experts and insiders on the discussion boards!
Asking additional questions or reporting bugs
If your question is not answered above, please send an email to email@example.com stating your problem as fully and clearly as possible.
In your email please include:
- Your Operating System (ex: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, etc.)
- Your Browser version (ex: Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 2.0, etc.)
- The address where the problem occurred (ex: http://www.ChefsBlade.com/education)
- A description of the problem