Carrie Lyn Strong
Born and raised in a small town in New Hampshire, Carrie studied at Lafayette College. She happened upon the restaurant business as a host, quickly learning to tend bar to make ends meet. After bartending at TAO for two years, Carrie decided to move into management at Artisanal Bistro where she learned about food pairings through cheese and wine, completing intensive course work at the Artisanal Cheese Center and the American Sommelier Association. Having discovered a passion for wine, Carrie took on her first Beverage Manager position for Jean-Georges Management at Vong under the direction of Bernard Sun. Currently, she is the Wine Director, working with Amanda Freitag at The Harrison in NYC. Carrie remains excited about wine as she sets her sights on furthering her sommelier education.
Add Carrie to your Chef’s Blade network!
Browse her Chef's Blade articles:
• Sustainable Wine: What the Buzz Is All About
• Discovered! Finger Lake WInes
• Boxed Wine Takes a Stand
• Merry Edwards: Pairing Wine and Food
• Bermuda: An Intoxicating Island
• Chappellet: An American Vintage
• Lindsay Pomeroy and Wine Smarties: Teaching Wine to San Diego
• Andrew Bell: Connecting Sommeliers
• Terroir from a Rockpile
• Michael Mondavi: Wine Coach
• Robert Sinskey: Common Sense About Wine
• Choosing a Socially Responsible Career in the Beverage Industry
• Passion Exudes in the Culinary World
• Breaking into the Restaurant Biz... By Accident
Chefstevenhoward gave a thumbs down to The Article "Become a Personal Chef: The Industryâ€™s Highest Paying Job", 14 days ago.